Thursday, January 18, 2007

Expect To Hear It

Started a new bible study today by Priscilla Shirer, Discerning The Voice Of God ~ How to Recognize When God Speaks

Wanted to share a few things from today's study.

Quote:

"GOD WILL SPEAK TO THE HEARTS of those who prepare themselves
to hear; and conversely, those who do so prepare themselves
will hear nothing even though the Word of God is falling upon their outer ears every Sunday." ~~ A.W. Tozer


"If we come to Him doubting His ability to speak, we will have a difficult time listening. So we must come expectantly." ~~Charles Stanley

We need to approach the Father with an expectancy that He will speak.


Do we (I) come expectantly?

Lord, open my eyes, ears, heart and my soul to your voice...
In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice;
In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.
Psalm 5:3

No comments: