Thursday, December 07, 2006

"Granny"


Today would have been my grandmothers 88th birthday. She went home to be with the Lord three years ago. For as much as I miss her, I rejoice that she is in the arms of the Lord she served.


My favorite memories of her......


The smile on her face when we came running through the door to see her

Spending time with her in the summers

The way she sang silly songs to us kids

Sitting on the arm of her chair while she peeled fruit to share with us grandkids

The way she made funny noises when she would move around ( nickname "Grannygrunt" )

The smile she had the first time she held my son

The look on her face when I showed her photos on my laptop, that were taken that day!

But most of all for the love she always gave

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The cardinal was her favorite and everytime I see one it reminds me of her.

Loved and greatly missed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetpea,This was so awesome!!Just to read the special memories that you have of Granny,made my heart soar.I have many wonderful memoties of her too and those sweet memories are what help me to get through alot of rough times. I just know that she had a big old party with her Lord today.I can't wait to be there for one of those parties!! I Love You, Mother